Welcome to my page of Gluten Free Living... I hope you enjoy the recipes we have figured out and feel free to give any suggestions!!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cherry Vanilla Chip Muffins-GF


We had some thawed cherries sitting around that needed to get used, so figured-hey! what a great time to experiment! I was a little skeptical of the recipe we used as a base for these muffins, but Elayna whisked it away and assured me that I would like the result. I guess I need to learn to trust her a bit more willingly after all because they turned out AWESOME! The smell of them baking was enough to entice me, but after one taste, I was sold for sure! They are very easy to make, fairly inexpensive, not too sweet, and indistinguishable from a non-gluten free muffin!





Very yummy and definitely a keeper!

1 banana, mashed
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 T vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups white rice flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup thawed frozen cherries (1/2 cup dried cherries)
1/2 cup vanilla baking chips

Preheat oven to 400 F and grease a muffin pan.

Blend the banana, eggs, milk, oil, and applesauce together in a medium bowl.
Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Hand stir in the cherries and vanilla chips.
Pour batter into prepared muffin pan.

Bake for 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment